Goals in relation with English

I have a huge bucket list, mostly filled with absurdly unrealistic goals. However, a goal I would love to achieve by learning the material in class is to travel around the globe and to write/record my experience on what event happened. Due to the many years, I lived in UAE, I’ve been landlocked and wasn't diversified into different aspects of culture, therefore as an international IB student I have a sudden desire to travel around the world and explore whats out of my comfort zone.

The information given in class is highly susceptible to being interpreted into a global and cultural basis. 'language in cultural context' is 1 part out of 4 that I think suits well into the goal that I'm starting to consider. It mentions audience and the purpose and its effects on the integral structure of the 'journal' which should give more of a broad working space on influential personalities concerning culture and influence. This unit asked questions about culture and language, which question about technology and different languages.

The knowledge and the material in class could give a significant benefit on what I could potentially write or record through my journal if I were to travel around the globe. The subject mentions that we study language in relation with culture and reading segments from texts. The aim for writing a journal was to instruct it to the future generations having a book that could cater the audience and to give a pleasant or entertaining story. The most useful from this is that from language in cultural context, it's all about providing the audience and how culture and context shape language.

Comments

  1. Great explanation of yourself and what you like and hope for.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hurston Their eyes were watching god v. Wallace’s This is water.

gender stereotypes in ads

"The majority of children born to women younger than 30 are born to single mothers" introductions TW2