Biography

Hello! My name is Daniel Palma, a student in RIS(Raha international school). My interests are basketball, badminton, music, communism, gaining/searching some egotistical value or any political power which can place myself above others as a materialistic god, and pie.

I was born in the Philippines. Thus it would be natural that I was to inhabit the native language ‘tagalog,' however, after 3-4 years living in the Philippines I moved out with a very limited mindset towards different cultures and now lived under the  U.A.E, a thriving country mixed with many ethnicities. I  happen to inhabit English and slightly disregarded my native language as I grew accustomed to the country and its mixed cultural influences.

The disregard of my mother tongue made me accept different cultures while still retaining the culture I have through various ethnic languages. Throughout the years studying in an international school I’ve learned that language had a significant impact on one's culture and personality, it can cause separation or even create a deeper connection towards the tongue or ‘said’ person. I’ve shared many experiences with friends in different cultural backgrounds and the language they inhibited due to their ethnic origin. Each language shares a historical culture or gives a superior depth on the person's individuality, as I learn from many of my friends. It's imperative that we must study a language not only to braggingly say “I’m bilingual” to future interviews and cultural relatives to gain some affiliation cause your position in the family is  benevolent…. other than that we gain more of an understanding of the language’s cultural influence and impact it has on different languages, making use more of an international being.

Comments

  1. Great explanation on how language is not just about making someone bilingual, but also can bring someone a sense of belonging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This early post already demonstrates a perceptive understanding of the relationship between language and culture. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hurston Their eyes were watching god v. Wallace’s This is water.

gender stereotypes in ads

"The majority of children born to women younger than 30 are born to single mothers" introductions TW2